Please view more below about our process:
1. Having designed award winning door hardware for the past 15 years, it was only a matter of time before Forged Steel became a material that Ian Smith was inspired by, this first range of products is the start of what will undoubtedly be another unique brand of hardware for todays discerning home owner.
2. Before anything can be made, there is the task of coming up with the designs, Ian has spent over 30 years designing and manufacturing, drawing on a number of genres to influence his ideas.
The key to design is to listen to your customers before you put pencil to paper, by visiting our dealers on regular basis helps in this process.
A sketch will be produced followed by a technical drawing, at this stage our in house cad designer takes over to work closely with Ian to produce a 3d image followed by a printed master ready to be used in production tooling.
3. With the introduction of 3D printing, Stonebridge uses the latest prototyping equipment. Combining this new technology with age old methods means we can create a style that combines traditional designs with a contemporary twist.
4. Designs are only as good as the people that manufacture them. We are lucky to be working alongside many skilled artisans, their eye for detail is essential in producing this range, our aim is simple, to provide fine handmade door and window hardware, that is beautiful and functional.
5. Hard Forged Steel has come a long way from the early days. Although Stonebridge utilises modern design methods and automated machinery, there are still some parts of the process that can only be done by hand to give that truly authentic feel that graces our range of door and window hardware.